My exams are done!!! It was difficult, but I’m so glad they’re over!
I have two weeks off before the next semester starts. I actually have a list of things I want to do while I have the time off haha. Does anyone else do that? To be fair, it includes things like watch tv! Just doing the things I’ve been wanting to do when I was studying.
I hope everyone is doing well and enjoying themselves!
What things do you do to treat yourself after working extra hard?
Sorry for the lack of posts! I’m finally finished with my exams, so hopefully I’ll become a bit more regular about posting! Hopefully, anyway.
I don’t usually do Throwback Thursday, but since I missed Music Monday, I thought it might be fun to combine the two to give you an older song that I’ve fallen in love with again.
Don’t think I forgot about Music Mondays!
Here’s what I’m listening to! Getting a start on one of my resolutions hopefully!
Hope everyone’s Monday isn’t a bad as they thought it would be!
I’m currently studying for exams. (I know it definitely looks like it as I write this post….) I’ve been out of college for some time, so I feel I’ve had to relearn how to study.
Studying is a very personal thing, obviously, but I’d like to share a couple of things I do that help and I hope you’ll share some with me too!
- Get comfortable. If that means comfortable jeans or sweatpants or whatever works for you, go for it. Be comfortable.
- Stay hydrated. I always always have water nearby. I tend to drink a lot of coffee and tea while studying as well, but water is really the key. I do my best to stay away from sugary drinks.
- Give yourself little rewards. I set up a system for myself where if I complete one or two problems (depending on their intensity) or study for a certain length of time, I take a 20 minute break and eat a piece of chocolate or watch a funny video before continuing again. It prevents me from becoming too overwhelmed.
- Discover the amount of noise that works for you and find a place that accommodates that. Some people need complete silence to study, so a library is perfect for that. Some people, like myself, cannot study in complete silence. I need background noise, so I tend to go to coffee shops to study. Or I study at home and use Coffivity in the background, which is a site that plays the sounds of a coffee shop on a loop for you.
Are there any other tips that you have for studying? I’m still relearning how to study and would love to hear what you think! 🙂
Good luck to everyone taking exams!
I know I’ve been gone a while, but I’m making it one of my resolutions to start blogging again! I’m pretty well settled into a routine now, so I’m hoping to post once or twice a week. It’s not much I know, but I also know myself.
I hope everyone had a lovely holiday season and a wonderful New Years Eve. I’ve been thinking most of the day about resolutions and while I don’t usually make them, I thought I might this year. So here are mine:
- Start blogging again
- Take more risks/chances
- Eat more burritos
- Eat more vegetables
- Get over that one guy and move on to something/someone better
What about you? Do you have New Years resolutions? What are they?
Now, I’m already terrible at posting regularly, but I know it’s been a bit long between posts, even for me. So I thought I’d let everyone know what’s going on.
It’s a long story, but to make it short: I moved to Ireland to do a Masters in Accounting. Right now, I’m preparing for classes to start and to get settled in before then, hopefully. Not sure when that will be, but I’ll come back!
Hope everyone is well!
Technically, this isn’t my outfit today. I actually wore this last Sunday, but I thought it was cute and wanted to share it with you guys!!!
I went to help my friend with his bees last Sunday and so this felt appropriate. 😛
Jumper: Target // Jeans: Old Navy // Flats: Payless